Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

BTS’ SUGA EXPRESSES HIS FEELINGS ON LEARNING ENGLISH & HOW “TELEPATHY” FROM THEIR “BE” ALBUM ‘WROTE ITSELF’ IN JUST 30 MINUTES

               

It is no doubt that music is a universal language and music heals and makes the heart merry. Dedication to your craft has always beat any kind of reason why you started that craft in the first place, because it is what keeps you motivated. Without dedication, there would be no electricity, without dedication there would be no penicillin and without dedication there would be no music created in the world. It is said that learning never ends and learning something new will always age you less. Life lessons are never meant to just teach you once and then leave you like that, you are always learning something new from that same life lesson months or years to come.

Why does one keep doing what they love without knowing what the future holds? Why does a baby cry and immediately stop crying when embraced? Why does the ocean know when to come back on the shore after going deeper into the waters? These are questions that have no logic answers. Just like following a passion that may lead you to your future successes or failures. The choice is always yours to make.

Regret is such a strong emotion, as it can both break you or make you, it is only what you choose to do with that regret that will determine the outcome. We all have feelings of uncertainty and helplessness but knowing that there is someone or people out there waiting and rooting for you is the best feeling to hold onto. Suga talks about his passion for music and why he still wants to do it for a long time to come in their online publication Weverse Magazine.


Interviewer: This is actually before you started playing the guitar, but I found ‘Telepathy’ in BE very interesting. The varying melodic progressions between hooks for each member made me wonder if you wrote the melody intuitively for each part.

SUGA: "I tried a melody for the first time this year (2020), and as I started knowing the fun of music, it opened a lot of new doors for me. So it was kind of easy working on it. I just played a beat and wrote from the beginning until the end. Done. I wrote it in just 30 minutes. The song almost wrote itself. The trends of pop and hip-hop these days cross boundaries between vocals and rap. I like this trend."


Interviewer: What motivated such evolution?

SUGA: "I think it evolved naturally. I’ve changed in personality this year (2020), as well as in terms of my interpretation and attitude toward life to the extent that I almost thought I’ve been rehearsing. How would it feel like if there were no stage to go to or anyone looking out for me? This thought made me realize the value of these things."


Interviewer: Then, what new things are you dreaming about?

SUGA: "I’m eager to continue doing music. Since all performances were canceled due to COVID-19, I had a chance to talk to so many musicians in Korea. I talked with legendary singers as well as people who are my contemporaries. Talking with them once again made me realize that I love music so much. Because music is my profession, I can’t imagine myself not doing it. I’m grateful that there are still unvisited areas in the world of music."

Interviewer: Could you elaborate on that?

SUGA: "A lot of candidates on ‘Sing Again’ are very talented but hadn’t had the opportunity, and on ‘Folk Us’, I noticed that many took their own guitars on stage. I started playing the guitar lately and I’m having this urge to broaden my scope of music. And since my interest in the music industry in the U.S. grew, I’m getting prepared, studying English and all."

Read the full interview HERE.

Post a Comment

0 Comments