Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

“BTS’ JIMIN HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN AWARDED GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORD FOR THE MOST STREAMED SONG ON SOUNDCLOUD

 


BTS’ Jimin now holds the Guinness World Record for the Most Streams on SoundCloud with “Promise”. Jimin now holds 2 Guinness World Records! 1st record: Fastest K-pop soloist to reach 1B streams on Spotify. • 2nd record: The most streamed track (Promise) on music streaming service, SoundCloud. Promise is a digital single by Jimin. Originally, the song was released unofficially on December 31, 2018. It was released officially on March 6, 2023 on global music platforms.

Jimin revealed what “Promise” meant to him and the writing process.

“When I first started working on ‘Promise,’ it wasn’t a comforting song like it is now,” he shared. “It was originally a song in which I told myself off. When I first began writing it, I intended it to be a dark song. Even though I had a lot of things I wanted to say in the song, I couldn’t think of any concrete words [with which to say them]. So I went around in circles for about three or four months, unable to figure out how to approach the song. I must have dozens of versions of this song’s chorus, really. Because I wrote so many different choruses. I would try adding this and that, or I would go back and start over from the beginning. About half of the current song ‘Promise’ is melodies that I wrote down exactly the way that I first thought of them.” Jimin


Post a Comment

0 Comments