Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

BTS’ JIMIN SPEAKS ON WHAT HE WANTS TO EXPRESS AS A DANCER AND WHAT KEPT THEM MOTIVATED TO CREATE “BE” ALBUM

 

It is not easy to become a worldwide super star and remain grounded, for most people, stardom comes with a lot of pressure and some artists are usually not able to handle that much spotlight. BTS have done a great job at retaining their characters from their rookie days, until now, sure, they have grown and so many things have changed in terms of their physiques, mentally and their way of thinking. Yet their being grounded and staying true to themselves has somewhat been on the same level.

If you watch BTS’ journey, you will know that “BE” album is a culmination of the self-awareness of who they are and hope to be. BTS is always surprised at the praises that come their way. In an interview, where a fan had said that BTS have conquered the world, RM was quick to say, “To be honest, for us, cleaning our rooms is difficult. Can’t even conquer our room, how could we ‘conquer the world’?” Suga then added, “Feels embarrassing to say “conquer.” Every BTS member has gone through their own journeys, especially when it came to creating their new album, Jimin talks about his role as project manager and how they kept each other motivated on his interview with BTS’ online publication, “Weverse Magazine”


Interviewer: “On that note, I think your singing and dancing are changing quite a bit. Your performances in “Black Swan” and “Dynamite” are completely different, but perhaps because of your changed body silhouette, the feel of your dance has become more consistent. As a dancer, what is it you want to express?”

Jimin: “I just hope my emotions come across. I just want the emotions I put into my dancing, actions, and singing to be felt. So I got a lot of feedback, asked around, did some research and found that for each emotion you might express on stage, there’s a body most appropriate for the job. We all have different body types. In order to get the body that can best express my emotions at my age, I went on a strict diet, but I don’t stick to it nearly as intensely as I used to.” (laughs)

Interviewer: “How was that possible? It couldn’t have been easy to keep the whole team motivated.”

Jimin: “With the spread of COVID-19, it took us a while to really believe our rise to the top of the Billboard Hot 100. When we checked our phones and it said we got first place we were amazed, but it was hard to believe, although we were all crying. (laughs) But when COVID-19 first hit, we said, “Ah, it’ll pass quickly and we’ll be right back on tour.” The reason was that we had said, even if it gets tough, let’s give it our all for the next year. Give it our all and collapse... That was the plan, but we were really disappointed. What was worse was, when I heard it would be hard to have any performances this year, my head … it sort of went blank. My mind was empty. We couldn’t just take a break either. Other people had it really hard but we could keep working. I didn’t know whether we should be happy or sad about it. There were no answers for anything. It was really tough.”


Interviewer: “The news is saying that they’ve made a COVID-19 vaccine, so you might be able to meet your fans sooner than later. What are you going to say to them when you finally see them again?”

Jimin: “I don’t think we’ll say anything. I think we’ll just look at each other for a very long time. And if I’m able to say anything, I’ll probably say, “You made it. Now let’s get back to having a good time.”

Red the full interview HERE.

Post a Comment

0 Comments