Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

BTS’ J-HOPE OPENS UP ABOUT WHERE HE GETS STRENGTH AND HIS FAVORITE PART IN “LIFE GOES ON’ FROM THEIR “BE” ALBUM

 

Life actually does go on. BTS’ new album “BE” feels like it has the structure of story telling, about how life sometimes does not go the way we plan or want, that seasons will keep coming and going without our consent, permission or order, yet we are expected not to stop and be still, and it is okay; to not want to accept the way things are, or how 2020 turned out or how life has suddenly changed from what anybody imagined.

I like how “BE” starts with the song “Life Goes On” telling you that “Like an echo in the forest, The day will come back around, As if nothing happened…” and then ends with the song “Dynamite” telling you “Bring a friend, join the crowd, Whoever wanna come along, Word up, talk the talk, Just move like we off the wall, Day or night the sky’s alight, So we dance to the break of dawn.” We know we will dance again, with friends and family, life will have gone on and so will we. In J-Hope’s interview with BTS’ online publication “Weverse Magazine,” he talks of his mind set while working on the song “Dis-ease” and how working gives him good energy.


Interviewer: “You must have had a lot on your mind, making BE during this kind of year.”

j-hope: I tend to think of BTS albums as being a reflection of the whole team, but this time I thought of it as putting in the stories I wanted to tell, making it my music and infusing myself into the new album while still being a BTS album. It turned out to be right at home with BTS’s color, and the whole team’s energy led to an even bigger synergy.

Interviewer: “Where do you find the strength to hold on like that?”

j-hope: From the group, it’s very clear what that is. It’s our fans. ARMY. We had to pull through, for the fans. At any time of any day, the fans come first. I keep thinking about how painful it would be for the fans if we just gloss over something or feel like giving up just because we’re having a hard time. I was 20 when we made our debut. I didn’t know much about having a social life, but the messages our fans sent were a big comfort and gave us hope. I learned a lot just by reading fan letters and understanding the kind of thoughts they had. Fans and artists really are one and the same.


Interviewer: “That makes me think of a line from “Life Goes On”: “People say the world has changed but thankfully between you and me, nothing has changed.”

j-hope: Yes, right. I thought that line expressed the feeling really well as soon as I first heard it. Yoongi wrote that. He is really good. (laughs) I think that describes our relationship with our fans.

Read the full interview HERE.

Post a Comment

0 Comments