Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

BTS’ V GETS CANDID ABOUT FINDING WAYS TO KEEP HIMSELF HAPPY AND HIS FAVORITE SONG IN THEIR NEW “BE’ ALBUM

 

Listening to BTS’ new album, “BE,” you will go on a journey that will let you forget the troubles around you, the songs make you love staying indoors again. With this pandemic, people have been feeling suffocated having to stay indoors because they have to, not because they want to. It is refreshing to here songs that talk about wanting things to change but being happy that you are with the people you love.

Doing basic stuff became mundane and almost a cycle that you want to break out of. Watching “Life Goes On,” you somehow realize that it is time to take the simple everyday things that seem obvious into simple pleasures, whether alone or with someone, being stuck indoors does not have to be that bad or that boring. In his interview for BTS’ online publication, “Weverse Magazine,” V talks about what has been inspiring him lately and what it took to write his song “Blue & Grey”


Interviewer: “Have you found anything?”

V: Well, I’m listening to LPs lately. It’s getting to be Christmas season and I love snow, so I bought two or three Christmas LPs to listen to. I’m also listening to old jazz songs by Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. Frank Sinatra is cool, like chilled wine; Sammy Davis Jr. is crazy talented. (laughs)

Weverse

Interviewer: “How was the whole “Dynamite” experience? You made it to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 and also had a chance to perform in a variety of different styles.”

V: “Shooting the Tiny Desk Concert was a very natural process, which was nice. But actually, with the situation being what it is, we couldn’t really feel much. The day the news came out was of course thrilling. It was great, actually, all of us calling each other and some of us laughing and others crying: “We haven’t gone down the wrong path after all! Turns out we had a chance—it really was possible!”


Interviewer: “It sounds like there were no problems choosing the songs for BE. How did you feel recording your parts on the other members’ songs?”

V: I like “Dis-ease,” which Hobi wrote, but stylistically it was challenging. It’s really far from my own style so it took a long time to get used to. “Fly to My Room” used to be my favorite song, but it was also the hardest to sing. It was okay at first, until Jimin jumped in… Because I had to keep up with Jimin, the song went up maybe three keys. I thought I would die. (laughs)

Interviewer: So writing the song (Blue & Grey) was sort of your way of bringing yourself some peace of mind.

V: There was a time I was going through something like this. I was having the toughest time, but I couldn’t keep carrying that feeling around with me. Instead, I could use it as a kind of fertilizer. So I took care of that feeling by constantly writing it down in my notes. I just kept writing everything down, and when finally, I felt like I wanted to try writing a song, I did. After the song was finished, I felt a sense of accomplishment, and that’s how I was able to let go of “Blue & Grey.” That was one way I wanted to try getting over my problem.

Read the full interview HERE.

Post a Comment

0 Comments